This boarding contract is made and entered into this _______day of _____,
19__, by and between _______________hereinafter designated
"Manager" and ____________________designated "Owner".
1. Owner agrees that the manager is not liable for death, sickness, and/or accident including consequential damages caused to the horse, except if caused by the wanton negligence of the manager. In addition, Owner agrees to hold manager completely harmless and not liable for any injury whatsoever caused to the owner, and/or loss or damage to personal property. It is the responsibility of the owner to carry full liability and mortality insurance coverage for his/her horse, person, and property.
2. Owner shall pay the Manager for boarding services, for stall $______ per month, to include feeding hay (aver. 4 flakes per day), feeding Owner purchased supplements/grain, daily cleaning, and bedding materials; for pasture $_____ per month, for summer months and $_________ per month, for winter months, when hay is needed.
2. Board fees are due the FIRST OF THE MONTH. A 10% late fee will be assessed for board not paid after the 15th of the month. Manager is entitled to a livestock lien for any amount 30 days past due.
3. The horse shall be free of infectious, contagious, or transmissible
disease. If Owners horse is found to be infectious, and the Owner fails to
notify Manager, and the other stabled horses become infected, the Owner of the
infectious horse will be held liable for any and all veterinarian bills that
result from the transmission of the disease.
6. Regular veterinarian (yearly immunizations, i.e., 4-way and Rhino Are Mandatory) will be arranged by __ Owner __ Manager. Regular farrier attention will be arranged by __ Owner __ Manager. The Owner will pay for all bills incurred.
7. Owner must notify Manager as soon as possible if Owner sells or plans to transfer or move horse. Owner shall be refunded at time of departure on a prorated basis.
8. This contract is nonassignable and nontransferable. In the case of the facility closing, Manager will give Owner 30 days written notice, and manager will be held harmless.
9. Owner will be financially responsible for ANY and ALL damage owner's horse inflicts of his/her stabling facility (i.e., kicking holes in the stalls, chewing wood to shreds, etc.)
10. Manager has the authority to contact a veterinarian if, under the circumstances of emergency, Owner cannot be reached, and the Owner will be liable for veterinarian charges. Emergency veterinary care costs are due immediately upon service.
Owner please initial _________.